MITRASET Half Rack
- For loads up to 110 lbs. Other payloads configured by request
- Available in standard depths up to 10U, custom sizes by request
- Two interchangeable lids with ½ turn latches, two per lid. Optional lock available
- Manufactured in accordance with IP 65 rating
- EMI / RFI shielding of 60dB from 150kHz to 18GHz, additional shielding optional
- Custom layout of dampening elements according to client specifications
- UN Certification for transport of hazardous materials available
- Mobility solutions available
- Other custom options (dimensions, finishes, payload, etc.) available by request
Scroll down for available sizes, more product information, reviews, and accessories.
|Installation height (HE/U)||External height (in.)||External width (in.)||External depth (in.)|
MITRASET Half Rack Aluminum Rackmount Cases for 9.5″ Electronics
MITRASET Half Rack aluminum rackmount cases are designed to accommodate electronic devices in half-sized 9.5″ rack. They protect equipment against a wide range of influences, including mechanical influences such as shock, impact and vibrations, electromagnetic interference from radio waves, lightning, etc., as well as general environmental effects such as heat, moisture, dust etc.
Structural rigidity of aluminum eliminates distortion resulting from high temperature exposure; interchangeable lids and ½ turn latches replace mismatched rackmount lids and knuckle busting latches. The cases are watertight to a rating of IP 65 and provide good heat dissipation. The MITRASET Half Rack is available in standard depths up to 10U, or in custom sizing to your requirements.
The MITRASET passed the EMI/RFI shielding requirements of 60dB from 150kHz to 18GHz. The tests were performed at Chomerics, Inc. of Woburn MA. As a custom option, Mitraset cases can be fitted with a EMI shielding gasket made from Chomerics CHO-SEAL 1285, which is silver-plated aluminum in silicone and provides additional shielding between 90-110 dB. You may request the EMI test results via the EMI Shielding tab below.
Undesirable mechanical vibrations often occur in transport and in many other applications. These may have a negative effect on the function of electronic components and thus represent an increased safety risk. ZARGES MITRASET Half Rack 9.5″ rackmount cases offer a solution to vibration problems in military, aeronautical and aerospace applications as well as in industry. The casing is made from precision-welded high-strength aluminum sheets and profiles to which an shock-isolated anti-vibration frame made of extruded sections is fitted. The equipment to be protected is inserted in this frame and screwed in position. The anti-vibration frame is connected to the casing via rails and rubber shock mounts, whereby the material and type of mount are selected in accordance with the application in question.
Whatever your program requirement, ZARGES can engineer a solution. EMI/RF Shielding, I/O Panels, and custom reinforcement are just a few of the ways that ZARGES works with our clients to provide solutions to unique packaging challenges. We can fabricate the MITRASET Half Rack to your specifications in standard depths up to 10U or in custom sizes to your requirements. We also offer UN Certification for the Transport of Hazardous Materials.
ZARGES MITRASET Half Rack Applications:
- Ambient extremes
- Broadcast Field Stations
- Drones and UAVs
- EMI / RFI Protection
- First Responders
- Land, air, and seaborne military communications
- Programs with strict SWaP budgets
- Schools and Universities
- Science and Research
- Secure communications in oil/gas/utility industries
ZARGES MITRASET Half Rack General Features:
- Anti-vibration frame is connected to the shell by rails and rubber bearings. The material and type of bearings are selected according to the specific requirements in each case
- Stable frame profile with integrated floating mounts for fasteners
- Sides with recessed sprung drop handles
- Recesses suitable for securely installing pressure equalization valve and humidity indicator.
- All the sides and the lid are stiffened with molded sections
- Eight rubber bearings with sliding rails to accommodate the anti-vibration frame
- Lid with toggle-action snap fasteners
- Variable designs for different depths and heights
- Welded-in rear wall is an option for all casings
- Height of lid = 2.48″. Height of special lid varies according to design
- Depth of special lid varies according to design.
- Comprehensive range of accessories for many applications.
MITRASET EMI test results
Practical two-caster and collapsible handle mobility system for transporting weights of up to 110 lbs. available.
Accessories may not fit all sizes of a particular case. ZARGES will contact you if there is a conflict with your order to determine the best solution.
Comes with 2 to 4 Velcro-fastened brackets, depending on HU.
Crane adapter for Mitraset.
Offers nominal depth of 8.6 in for mounting in swing frame. Lid mounted version also available.
Provides additional mounting element (M8 threaded inserts) in the stacking feet.
Riveted in and easy to adjust.
For cases with closed lids, shielding IP 54, fitted on front and back with HF packing cord and open lids.
Foam incorporated in lid, with Velcro keyboard attachment.
Lid for 19″ MITRASET Rack mount Cases.
Pressure-cylinder lock. Two lock diagonally on 2 toggle fasteners with 2 keys.
Humidity indicator with cartridge for drying agent.
Ideal for holding additional items. Two sizes.
Automatic Pressure Release Valve.
Manual Pressure Release Valve.
Pull Out Drawers
Cover possible with telescopic rails for drawers and shelves.
Special lid offers apertures for sockets and plugs cut by laser to customer specifications.
Special Lid with Flap
Aperture size varies with size of lid.