U.N. Certification is available on select cases for domestic and international shipping, including UN3090, UN3091, UN3480 and UN3481.
- For 1 – 1,500 Wh batteries (at 100% state of charge)
- Intumescent glass fiber fire-retardant anti-stat lining and cushioning
- Aircraft Grade Aluminum Construction
- Case outfitted with three separate cavities, each 17 x 5 x 5″
- Cavities may be subdivided (x2, x3, x4, or more) with BatterySafe intumescent glass fiber pad. Extra pads may only be ordered with BatterySafe or after online purchase
- Custom Configurations for Higher Wh Batteries
- Passed Fire Test with Three 500 Wh Lithium Batteries:
- Fire completely contained and filtered
- No thermal runaway, ajacent cells protected
- Exterior temperature remains below 100°C
- Prototype and Damaged Batteries
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
- Drones and UAVs
- Electric Bicycles
- Medical Equipment
- Power Tools
Scroll down for available sizes, more product information, reviews, videos, UN HazMat Certification, and accessories.
L × W × H”
L × W”
L × W × H”
|40582||22.95 × 23.15 × 9.72||20.63 × 20.63||21.65 × 21.65 × 8.66||25.3||4,059||$747.80||Add|
* External case base dimensions are smaller than the dimensions of the case lid. For applications where precision is required please contact ZARGES. Clearance refers to the size of the case opening.
ZARGES BatterySafe™ Intermediate Aluminum Transit Case
For Shipping and Storing Developmental, Defective and Damaged Lithium Ion Batteries
ZARGES is a global supplier of storage and transport equipment, used in a multitude of industries and companies worldwide. Our lightweight aluminum cases are appropriate for safe and secure storage and transport of sensitive items and hazardous materials. We offer a variety of aluminum cases appropriate for the shipping and storage of Lithium and Lithium Ion batteries (Li-Ion) that are properly packaged and intact. However, the problem of transporting and storing damaged and defective batteries has posed serious challenges. The US Department of Transportation Hazardous Material Regulations (HMR; 49 C.F.R., Parts 171-180) states that lithium batteries are to be regulated as a hazardous material. This is due to the potential of fire, electric shock and chemical burns that may occur when batteries are damaged, defective or improperly handled and stored.
ZARGES BatterySafe Intermediate cases have been successfully tested with up to three batteries, each measuring 500 Wh. The test proved that the case suppressed ignition, extinguished flames and reduced thermal transfer, keeping exterior temperatures under 100° C and neighboring batteries intact.
ZARGES BatterySafe Intermediate offers all the available features of our standard K470. The design of the K470 has changed only slightly over almost 70 years, to keep abreast of the latest technological developments. Among the many included features are a lid with stainless steel hinge, snap fasteners, two lid straps, an all-round polyurethane seal, cast-aluminum stacking corners, three fully-welded aluminum profile frames, riveted joints, beading and corner beads for additional stability, and ergonomic and durable comfort handles that are easy to use, even with gloves.
We offer a range of practical accessories to further secure and protect your goods, including internal pockets for organization and locks, detachable trolleys and dollies to more easily transport goods from one location to another.
Lithium Ion Battery Links
ZARGES BatterySafe Intermediate Applications:
- Drones and UAVs
- First Responders
- Hazardous Materials
- Industry and Manufacturing
- Military, Aerospace and Government
- Photography and Video
- Rugged Environments
- Schools and Universities
- Science and Research
Hazardous Material Transport
For the most current guidance on safe & legal transport of hazardous materials and lithium batteries, please refer to the FAA Safe Cargo website.
Accessories may not fit all sizes of a particular case. ZARGES will contact you if there is a conflict with your order to determine the best solution.