Custom Options The ZARGES MITRASET® Half Rack aluminum rackmount case is the ultimate protection for 9.5" electronics in all environments from the desert to the arctic. The precision-welded MITRASET housing is made from high-strength aluminum sheets and profiles and protects sensitive electronic equipment against extreme temperature conditions, moisture and electromagnetic interference, while a specially designed anti-vibration frame cushions against mechanical shocks, impact or vibrations. The MITRASET CLASSIC provides all these features for full-sized, 19", electronics.
- For loads up to 110 lbs. Other payloads configured by request
- Available in standard depths up to 10U, custom sizes by request
- Two interchangeable lids with ½ turn latches, two per lid. Optional lock available
- Manufactured in accordance with IP 65 rating
- EMI / RFI shielding of 60dB from 150kHz to 18GHz, additional shielding optional
- Custom layout of dampening elements according to client specifications
- Mobility solutions available
- Other custom options (dimensions, finishes, payload, etc.) available by request
Request a Quote
Scroll down for available sizes, more product information, reviews, and accessories.
MITRASET Half Rack Aluminum Rackmount Cases for 9.5" Electronics
MITRASET Half Rack aluminum rackmount cases are designed to accommodate electronic devices in half-sized 9.5" rack. They protect equipment against a wide range of influences, including mechanical influences such as shock, impact and vibrations, electromagnetic interference from radio waves, lightning, etc., as well as general environmental effects such as heat, moisture, dust etc.
Structural rigidity of aluminum eliminates distortion resulting from high temperature exposure; interchangeable lids and ½ turn latches replace mismatched rackmount lids and knuckle busting latches. The cases are watertight to a rating of IP 65 and provide good heat dissipation. The MITRASET Half Rack is available in standard depths up to 10U, or in custom sizing to your requirements.
The MITRASET passed the EMI/RFI shielding requirements of 60dB from 150kHz to 18GHz. The tests were performed at Chomerics, Inc. of Woburn MA. As a custom option, Mitraset cases can be fitted with a EMI shielding gasket made from Chomerics CHO-SEAL 1285, which is silver-plated aluminum in silicone and provides additional shielding between 90-110 dB. You may request the EMI test results via the EMI Shielding tab below.
Undesirable mechanical vibrations often occur in transport and in many other applications. These may have a negative effect on the function of electronic components and thus represent an increased safety risk. ZARGES MITRASET Half Rack 9.5" rackmount cases offer a solution to vibration problems in military, aeronautical and aerospace applications as well as in industry. The casing is made from precision-welded high-strength aluminum sheets and profiles to which an shock-isolated anti-vibration frame made of extruded sections is fitted. The equipment to be protected is inserted in this frame and screwed in position. The anti-vibration frame is connected to the casing via rails and rubber shock mounts, whereby the material and type of mount are selected in accordance with the application in question.
Whatever your program requirement, ZARGES can engineer a solution. EMI/RF Shielding, I/O Panels, and custom reinforcement are just a few of the ways that ZARGES works with our clients to provide solutions to unique packaging challenges. We can fabricate the MITRASET Half Rack to your specifications in standard depths up to 10U or in custom sizes to your requirements. We also offer UN Certification for the Transport of Hazardous Materials.
ZARGES MITRASET Half Rack Applications:
- Ambient extremes
- Broadcast Field Stations
- Land, air, and seaborne military communications
- Programs with strict SWaP budgets
- Science and Research
- Secure communications in oil/gas/utility industries
ZARGES MITRASET Half Rack General Features:
- Anti-vibration frame is connected to the shell by rails and rubber bearings. The material and type of bearings are selected according to the specific requirements in each case
- Stable frame profile with integrated floating mounts for fasteners
- Sides with recessed sprung drop handles
- Recesses suitable for securely installing pressure equalization valve and humidity indicator.
- All the sides and the lid are stiffened with molded sections
- Eight rubber bearings with sliding rails to accommodate the anti-vibration frame
- Lid with toggle-action snap fasteners
- Variable designs for different depths and heights
- Welded-in rear wall is an option for all casings
- Height of lid = 2.48". Height of special lid varies according to design
- Depth of special lid varies according to design.
- Comprehensive range of accessories for many applications.
Military Rackmount Cases
MITRASET EMI test results
Practical two-caster and collapsible handle mobility system for transporting weights of up to 110 lbs. available.